A Night Walk

10:51:00 PM Valencia Ng 0 Comments


Photo by Mark Jefferson Paraan on Unsplash


I remember how big the moon was
As we walked through the night breeze
Seeing your face ignited by the street lights
Promised ourselves we would go to this place again
I stopped for a while, feeling overwhelmed
Maybe this is what people are talking about
You stopped, looked back, stood, and waited
You. With your eyes. And your smile
It snapped me back from my daydream
As I believed I was living in one
As I thanked God and thought to myself
"Has it always been this easy? "

------------------------------------------------

I remember how big the moon was
As I walked through the cold, unforgiving wind
Seeing my shadows projected by the street lights
Promised myself I won't let myself be fooled again
I stopped for a while, feeling overwhelmed
Maybe this what poets try to warned us about
You stopped a long time ago, and never looked back
This time is just another goodbye, I'm getting used to it
You. With your eyes. But no longer your smile
As you said to me that we wouldn't make it
I still thanked God for your presence
For your temporary trace in my journey of life
As I walked I began to think to myself,
"Has it always been this hard?"

12.09.

0 comments:

Tell me anything