Breakin' Free

2:06:00 AM Valencia Ng 0 Comments

Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash
"No one was foolish enough to follow someone else's dream.
No one was selfish enough to cut someone else's wings"
We started off as two silly dreamers
With head above the clouds, feet above the ground
But eyes locked within each other's
For you, life was great tons of possibilities
For me, life was a possibility with you

We ended up, still as two dreamers
Drifting away to two different roads
You will be forever chasing hills
And I am too content with my valleys

So, go, go and change the world
Cure cancer, be a millionaire, study abroad
Meet new people, travel the world, help others
Do what you've gotta do
I promise I won't be still
I'm gonna catch my own

It's the price we have to pay to make history
It's the sacrifice and the choice that we must choose
To change things beyond our relationship.
And if it really does work out in the end,
At least we'll never regret it
Nothing is ever in vain, my dear

We'll find new people to share our dream with.
We'll find new places we can call home.
We'll find each other again if we're meant to be.
But for now, you've gotta be you and I've gotta be me.

So, as long as being separated means you can follow your dream,
I'll be more than happy to make it come true by letting you go.
The day I'm setting you free, I'm setting myself free, too.

- LaLaLand kind of feel
random writing inspired by the past,
but with the hopeful outlook to the future. 

0 comments:

Tell me anything