A Pilgrim's Progress

10:02:00 PM Valencia Ng 0 Comments



Lord I'm tired, so tired of traveling
This straight and narrow
is so much harder than I thought
On this road, I've met both doubt and pain
I've heard their voices say
“Boy, you've given all you've got"

BUT there is a crowd of witnesses,
The ones who've run this race
Even louder than my fears they're crying
“Boy, oh lift your face. . .!"

“… Keep running, keep running
Don't look back, dont you give up now
Dont turn around
You've got to find a way somehow
Keep reaching, keep fightin
The pain cannot compare to the reward
That will be yours
That waits in store
for those who just keep running”

On this path, this fight for holiness
I’ve struggled and i've bled
Through these dangers toils and snares.
And i've got foes,
their sorry voices call
saying “Boy you're bound to fall,
with that heavy cross you bear"

I remember One who died to win this race
He took the cross, he crushed the grave
Oh I can hear my Saviour say…
“… Keep running …”

Don’t turn aside
No compromise
Just lift your eyes
To the glory that’s coming

If you’re like me
And you feel you can’t go on
Think you’ll never see the dawn
And you’re just about to break
Well don’t stop now
Know that every sacrifice
It’ll all be worth the price
When you finally see His face

Just keep running
Don’t look back, don’t you give up now
Don’t turn aside, got to find a way
Dig deeper, run harder
The pain cannot compare to the reward that will be yours
Waits in store, so take My hand
Because you can’t do this alone
Until you hear that sound
Until your race is complete
Find a way to just
Go running
Keep going
Keep praying
Believing
Keep fasting
Keep singing
Keep dreaming
Keep praying
He’s coming
He’s waiting
Arms open
So keep running.

- A Pilgrim's Progress (Keep Running), Matt Papa

0 comments:

Tell me anything